Languages Africa has built on a strong culture and a foundation of values that underpin all our operations since 1999 when it was founded by one Mpasua Msonobari.
Organizational culture is ‘the collection of values, expectations, and practices that guide and inform the actions of all team members.’ As such, values are at the heart of culture.
Here at Languages Africa, we live by these seven values: honesty, diligence, curiosity, passion, creativity, discipline and integrity.
- Honesty: Honesty drives our communication with our clients and stakeholders. Honesty is indeed the best policy. We believe in in straightforward, honest communication that paints an accurate picture, not a hazy one.
- Diligence: Diligence entails sweat. Diligence is about blood, sweat and tears. It is giving an assignment your all. It is burning the midnight oil if need be. It is rolling up your sleeves and getting down to work, not occasionally but all the time. This is who we are.
- Curiosity: Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it helps humans to make important discoveries. You can only discover if you are intentionally exploring; and you can only explore if you are curious. That is why we allow curiosity to fuel our exploration of constant improvements and heightened efficiency in all our services.
- Passion: Passion sustains excellence. Passion enables constant progress. It fuels the pursuit of perfection. We don’t just work for the pay cheque. Our passion for languages drives us to do our best for our clients. We believe in what we do and are passionate about it.
- Creativity: We should not always do things exactly the same way that they have been done before. This is our strong belief. Creativity is a core value that guides our steps. Through creativity, we are able to execute age old practices in new ways. Through creativity, we are able to pioneer contemporary solutions to old challenges. Creativity grants us new eyes that we use to behold the Languages world in new, innovative ways.
- Discipline: Nothing worthwhile can be started without discipline. Nothing great can be sustained without discipline. Discipline enhances focus. For this reason, we are totally committed discipline in every service that we render. Discipline is a critical pillar of professionalism. We strive to strengthen this pillar every single day.
Integrity: Our integrity is our collective character as Languages Africa. Our integrity underpins our name and our reputation. We hold this integrity in high esteem because it explains who we are and why we do what we do. Because of our integrity, clients can count on us and trust us.
Languages Afica’s Culture
These seven values are the foundation of our culture. Because culture is a way of life, we strive to live out these values on a daily basis. We do this in both the administrative and substantive practices. As such we integrate our values into all our practices. This helps to translates them into an organizational culture that is guided by a powerful philosophy – teamwork all the way.
Our culture is supported by four key pillars:
- Ubuntu: Ubuntu is an African principle that roughly translated, means ‘I am because we are. We are because I am.’ This pillar reinforces our commitment to teamwork. Our entire team understands that ‘we are in this together’ and that a ‘victory for one is a victory for all; a victory for all is a victory for one.’
- Everyone must be a straight shooter: We demand honesty of each other. As such, we encourage and celebrate straight shooting in our team. Say is it as it is. There is no victimization if one’s opinions are not popular. In this regard, we completely discourage yes-men and yes-women who will agree to everything.
- Comradeship: Given our unyielding emphasis on teamwork, we nurture a culture of comradeship amongst our team and stakeholders. This entrenches an amity that thrives on tough love, not ego massaging.
- Results, results, results: We are strong believers in results, not excuses. This birthed our mantra – results, results, results. Everyone, irrespective of their work, must deliver results. This is not negotiable.